outside the box




  A blogger's Nightmare!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

i have been subscribed to a Blogger Help Group called "How Do I.." for about a year now and i only peek in once in a while. today, since there is nothing to do at work (well, im guessing the recession in the us econ is to be blamed ~ but thats another story tho).. i decided to go check on the recent queries of blogger users and see if i can help.

i found two horrifying situations today..

but let me ask you.. what's the most mortifying nightmare a blogger can have? i know you'd agree on me with this..

finding out that all your posts for more than a year have been deleted!!!


i've been blogging for almost 4 years now and if this happens to me i'd DIE! well ok that's exaggerated.. but if it cannot be recovered i just don't know what to do! what a waste of all those thoughts and ideas..

so now all my hopes are for raynie and fernando.. that they find a solution soon! nobody has replied to them at the forum yet. and i'd be on the lookout for any replies too.. (just in case something like this happens to me) *knock on wood.

i took screen shots of their messages:



OMFG!! Is it really possible to lose your blog and everything on it? according to Raynie she did not delete them and it's still searchable in the postings. so this is totally weird!

now im thinking if it shows on the google search it has got to do something with the coding platform.. and im not used to the xml template, reason why i reverted all my blogs to the older version. so i hope this would never happen to me..

the second one where the owner, fernando, admits it was deleted by accident:



they have tried to contact blogger but there is no word yet if blogger replied. so if anyone out there knows any solution please reply to the forum: Raynie and Fernando

~*~*~

atomicvelvetsigh drank tea with Pandora @ 12:04 AM  

4 Comments:

Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

ohh let me add that you have to log-in to gmail for you to access the forum.. for those who knows the solution and dont wanna log in you can leave it here and i will inform them. tnx!

9/27/08, 12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to see the solution.

Last year my site was hacked into and I lost over 2 years of my writings and it took me almost an entire year to get started again. My situation was different because my site was hacked and the hacker destroyed my site code and deleted all my content.

So maybe blogger backs up their databases and can fix this for them.

9/30/08, 1:49 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

yeah me too im curious.. coz its always better to know what to do just in case it happens to you.. but sadly until now, nobody has replied to their post yet and their blogs are still not working.

i'll keep this post updated in case there will be any reply.

9/30/08, 4:28 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

UPDATE: i just checked now and both Raynie and Fernando's blogs and they are now working. I left them a message on how they did it and still waiting for their reply.

Also, i found another thread in the forums where people lost their blogs Oct. 1. and now all of them are working.. so i am the lost one here! haha.. how did you all fix this????

10/2/08, 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



me. i. ich. εγώ. moi. ik. ako.

...yup, the other side of the moon. too much dementia kills. so here's something that concerns what i like, news, abuse and stuff people send me, or stuff that i borrow from them.

floating at sea, your waves carried me...
about the template >




eharmony contatore visite website counters



.:search:.

Google
the web
this blog


.:sponsors:.



Your Ad Here


.:featured blog:.



.:bibble babble:.

° On October 15: Be Part of the Blog Action Day 2008!
° some more boring stuff about me...
° Are you a jet setter or simply somebody who loves ...
° see? i knew it!
° can you bear more of velvet?
° (dropbox meme) subject: dreams do come true..
° I like surveys!
° big bang of blogs
° more post-birthday wishes
° surprise!!!!!!!



.:my creations:.

° Photo Frames Experiment
° Earth Hour Participant Badge
° Blog Banners
° Blog Action Day Badges
° Logo for BlogExplosion


°.°
Go BACK INSIDE the BOX

°.°



Grab this Badge!

.:shout box:.

My Blog Directory

woeeha!!! rotflmao!


.:other boxes:.






Hop on the Peace Train!


list of cool links

.:blogs against torture:.

Torture Awareness Month
Join The Anti-Torture Coalition!
Join The Anti-Torture Coalition!




.:traffic brought to you by:.

since 04.18.09


listed @ Keyword Directory


.:dropbox:.

 send email
pictures and views now open for collection. send anything to my dropbox. and if i like it, i'll post it.

.:credits:.

designed by Velvet ©
dreamweaver codes from blogskins

Powered by Blogger

hits the harry! far out!