outside the box




  AVG Missing .bin file

Sunday, August 17, 2008

When I woke up this morning, I opened my PC and got a message from AVG that a .bin file is missing and that my PC is not protected. I had a few friends here last night so I thought they have ruined something or deleted a file without my knowledge.

But I found out from neoseeker.com few simple steps to have this resolved.



I made a couple of screen shots from my AVG user interface before and after I updated using the following steps:

1 - Start up AVG, click "Update Now".
2 - The list of updates is shown in Popup, click on the more information link. A list of updates will be shown.
3 - Click the links and save all updates in a folder except the last one named "IAVI: / 1616" [http://downloadfree.avg.com/update/u7iavi1616oo.bin] - because this is causing the problem.
4 - Cancel the update and instead click on Tools > Update from Directory and go to the folder where you saved the updates. Install these and AVG should be working properly again.



Apparently all those using the free AVG version 8 had this same issue on the same day.

~*~*~

atomicvelvetsigh drank tea with Pandora @ 10:34 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



me. i. ich. εγώ. moi. ik. ako.

...yup, the other side of the moon. too much dementia kills. so here's something that concerns what i like, news, abuse and stuff people send me, or stuff that i borrow from them.

floating at sea, your waves carried me...
about the template >




eharmony contatore visite website counters



.:search:.

Google
the web
this blog


.:sponsors:.



Your Ad Here


.:featured blog:.



.:bibble babble:.

° you.. and me.. in.. paris..
° STOOGES STUFF GOT STOLEN!!
° 1.800.SUICIDE hotline
° Pinoy Music buzz: Eraserheads reunion
° off my dropbox.. now for everyone
° Why We Love Kids
° my dead celebrity soulmate
° Bad Days For Mary
° Dropbox Good Luck Charm
° Moody Monday: Fragrant



.:my creations:.

° Photo Frames Experiment
° Earth Hour Participant Badge
° Blog Banners
° Blog Action Day Badges
° Logo for BlogExplosion


°.°
Go BACK INSIDE the BOX

°.°



Grab this Badge!

.:shout box:.

My Blog Directory

woeeha!!! rotflmao!


.:other boxes:.






Hop on the Peace Train!


list of cool links

.:blogs against torture:.

Torture Awareness Month
Join The Anti-Torture Coalition!
Join The Anti-Torture Coalition!




.:traffic brought to you by:.

since 04.18.09


listed @ Keyword Directory


.:dropbox:.

 send email
pictures and views now open for collection. send anything to my dropbox. and if i like it, i'll post it.

.:credits:.

designed by Velvet ©
dreamweaver codes from blogskins

Powered by Blogger

hits the harry! far out!