outside the box




  I'D TURN TO JELLY IN YOUR WORLD

Friday, July 15, 2005

Leave me alone
With my delusions of grandeur.
No innovator has been popular
In his own time,
Mocked by statements such as:


"How are you going to support
yourself?"

"There's not much money to be made
in that field."

"You can do that on the side
But you need a bread & butter job!"


No innovator has been popular in his own time...
Until the day of his success.
Then the mockers praise.
The fools become wise.
They swarm like bees to pollen,
Making honey from a new idea once thought too original.

So leave me alone
With my delusions of grandeur.
I'm not a member of a carbon copy human race.
I'd turn to jelly in your world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Copyright © JONATHAN TAD KETCHEN (JTK.CA)


Tad's Note: Believe it or not, this poem was inspired by "STAR WARS:
EPISODE VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI." One of my favourite lines comes
just after Han Solo is thawed from his state of Carbonite Freezing.
Through his grunts and roars, Chewie informs Han that Luke has
become a Jedi knight. Incredulously Han responds, "A Jedi knight? I'm
out of it for a little while...everybody gets delusions of grandeur."

-----
Velvet's Note: If you don't see how that inspired this poem, read it again and you will. And on second thought, as I interpreted this in how my subliminal mind could percieve at the moment, have fun in dechipering this poem too 8) Thanks Tad for sending me this.

And my Dropbox is still open for contributions and free stuff. Flood my mail with your thoughts or hilarious spam! LOL... anything to make me smile would be fine. Need that now i guess.

~*~*~

atomicvelvetsigh drank tea with Pandora @ 3:15 PM  

2 Comments:

Blogger lws said...

eyyy sis kakagising ko lang :) ang galing nang pagkakabagsak na naman nitong tittle mo magandang maganda "So leave me alone
With my delusions of grandeur.
I'm not a member of a carbon copy human race.
I'd turn to jelly in your world" ang ganda talaga ng ending :)

7/31/05, 3:10 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

yeah i think so too! thats why i re-posted it here. btw, this is not my work, its copyrighted to Tad. you can visit his site too for more of him (a warning tho.. you might see more of him than you expected). erm.. hehe and he's from Ontario Canada too! 8D

8/1/05, 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



me. i. ich. εγώ. moi. ik. ako.

...yup, the other side of the moon. too much dementia kills. so here's something that concerns what i like, news, abuse and stuff people send me, or stuff that i borrow from them.

floating at sea, your waves carried me...
about the template >




eharmony contatore visite website counters



.:search:.

Google
the web
this blog


.:sponsors:.



Your Ad Here


.:featured blog:.



.:bibble babble:.

° Notable Artists on Illo Friday
° "Oh Day of Fire and Sun"
° Sick Sick World: Evil across our planet
° "Sport" at Illustration Friday
° floating in outerspace
° what a cosmic surprise!!!
° haunted by the fool moon
° "Welcome to the House of Sin"
° Laugh Out Loud!
° Addicted to Five Things



.:my creations:.

° Photo Frames Experiment
° Earth Hour Participant Badge
° Blog Banners
° Blog Action Day Badges
° Logo for BlogExplosion


°.°
Go BACK INSIDE the BOX

°.°



Grab this Badge!

.:shout box:.

My Blog Directory

woeeha!!! rotflmao!


.:other boxes:.






Hop on the Peace Train!


list of cool links

.:blogs against torture:.

Torture Awareness Month
Join The Anti-Torture Coalition!
Join The Anti-Torture Coalition!




.:traffic brought to you by:.

since 04.18.09


listed @ Keyword Directory


.:dropbox:.

 send email
pictures and views now open for collection. send anything to my dropbox. and if i like it, i'll post it.

.:credits:.

designed by Velvet ©
dreamweaver codes from blogskins

Powered by Blogger

hits the harry! far out!